Argotec, the world leader in extrusion of Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) films, offers an uncoated, high-performance, aliphatic film with an additional antimicrobial hard coat top layer. Formulated with antimicrobial properties that protect against growth of mildew and bacteria on the film, Argotec Antimicrobial Film is designed for use on a variety of shared surfaces that may regularly be in contact by multiple users.
These applications include electronic displays, touch screens, vending machines, door handles, surfaces, elevator buttons and other shared surfaces. It has been tested against standard JISZ-2801 and provides excellent performance. Argotec Antimicrobial Film is ideal for bacteria and mold protection along with excellent UV resistance, superior durability, stain resistance, and consistent optical clarity with a high gloss finish.
How Does Antimicrobial Film Work?
Our Argotec Antimicrobial Film is a specialty polyurethane film integrated with zinc pyrithione. Zinc pyrithione is extruded within the film and has a broad antimicrobial spectrum of efficacy that protects the film from various microorganisms such as bacteria, fungi, algae, and indirectly against dust mites.
Benefits of Argotec Antimicrobial Film
- Protects against growth of bacteria & molds
- Prevents odor & stains
- Self-healing & scratch-resistant
- High gloss & light transmission
- Superior film gauge & gel control
- Long lasting & highly durable protection
- Maintain surface appearance & clarity
- Customizable to end use applications
- Protects against UV & elemental damage
Applications for Argotec Antimicrobial Film:
- Mobile device touch screens (phones, laptop computers, handheld devices, etc.)
- Kiosks, POS (Point of Sale) displays, interactive displays, and ticket/billet machines
- Public utility & transportation shared objects (hand holds, grab bars, etc.)
- Water cooler and office break room equipment
- Vending machines
- Elevator buttons
- Door handles
- Shared surfaces
- Consumer Goods
- Argotec 46510-AM
- Argotec 49510-60DV-AM