Argotec films are unmatched in optical clarity, hot and cold characteristics and offer the best overall quality in the glass lamination industry. You can find Argotec on the Safety Glazing Certification Council’s (SGCC) Approved Interlayers List.
Applications for Interlayer Glass Laminating Film:
- Commercial transportation – Windshields and wind screens for autos, trucks, rail, etc.
- Bulletproof and ballistic-proof glass for armored civilian & military vehicles
- Aircraft canopies & side windows
- Dynamic glazing for security glass & glazing composites
- Architectural glazing
- Security glass for embassies, government buildings, correctional facilities, financial institutions, schools
- Weather resistant construction (i.e. hurricane, tornado) resistant glass
- Decorative glass for low temperature processing in glass to glass bonding
- Switchable glass laminates for privacy at the click of a switch
- “Smart” glass installations for adaptable & multi-functional space design
Selecting TPU and EVA Interlayers
- TPU Interlayers are ideal for glass to glass or glass to polycarbonate designs that require impact and UV resistance and face UV exposure.
- EVA interlayers are ideal for interior architectural applications; however, they can be modified for UV exposure applications.
- Argotec has the cleanest, most modern interlayer film extrusion operation in North America, Europe and Asia and extrudes over 50% of the world’s total usage of TPU interlayers.
- Our Argotec film products, available in aliphatic TPU and EVA resins, are the highest quality in the industry and built upon the Argotec brand dating back to 1988.
- To ensure quality, we use digital camera inspection on all interlayer film production.
- Computerized systems can detect and document pin holes, voids, gels, wrinkles, streaks and dark or light contaminants as small as 0.3 mm.
- All of our interlayer extruders are housed in an atmospherically controlled hard walled white room.
- Each extrusion line is in its own ISO Class 7, soft walled clean room.
- Engineers know that the highest quality standards are found in the aerospace industry.
- The vast majority of all TPU bonded aircraft canopies and windows are laminated using Argotec interlayer film.
- Our products do not require refrigerated storage and do not contain plasticizers that can migrate and degrade a composite structure.
As the dependable choice for glass lamination interlayer film, Argotec is the leading manufacturer of extruded thermoplastic polyurethane optical interlayer films around the world. The clear choice for optical interlayer films, Argotec TPU and EVA Glass Lamination Films provide unmatched optical clarity, lay flat, and overall consistent quality. Known for its extrusion expertise and quality, Argotec produces the cleanest, most optically clear films on the market and is the industry leader in TPU interlayer film technology.
Argotec thermoplastic polyurethane TPU optical interlayer films are used for laminating glass-to-glass and glass-to-polycarbonate applications. Argotec glass lamination films are used in numerous commercial and military bullet-, blast-, impact-, and hurricane- resistant glass composites. To ensure consistent quality, the extrusion lines are located inside a clean room with digital camera inspection and gauge control on all its interlayer film production lines. Designed for ease of use, the interlayer films are available in widths to match the lamination process. The glass lamination films are engineered to work correctly in the laminator’s equipment, whether autoclaves, nip rolls, or bladder presses. They lay up well, are not tacky, and laminate with minimal voids.
We’ll be glad to collaborate on your next project. For detailed product information, specifications or pricing please contact us.
- ST-6050, SE-381 TF
- Argotec Edge Seal
- Aliphatic Polyether
- Ethyl Vinyl Acetate (EVA)
- Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU)
- Abrasion resistance
- Ease of fabrication
- Electrical insulation
- Excellent wear resistance
- Optical clarity
- UV resistance